home download screenshots configuration reference
epple2 (by Chris Mosher) is an emulator of the original
APPLE ][ and APPLE ][ PLUS computers from
It runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
Epple ][ is released under the GPLv3 license.
It is written in C++ and is designed with cross-platform portability in mind. It uses the SDL2 graphics library.
- Cycle-accurate MOS 6502 CPU including phantom reads
- NTSC video signal emulation: all video quirks emulated accurately
- Revision Zero motherboard
- TV and monitor emulation
- RAM chips configurable: 4K to 48K
- Floating data bus, and video scanner
- Cards: Disk ][, language, firmware, clock
- Logic State Sequencer emulation (16 and 13 sector disks)
- WOZ 2 disk image format, supports all copy-protected disks
- Track arm accurately writes quarter-tracks
- Paddles (mouse emulates two paddles)
- Cassette tape interface
- PR#1 writes to standard output
- Repeat key
- POWER light